Words have the power to bring into life ideas and concepts. Words have that magic power to influence people's mind and attitude over something. The perception of people about an object, an event or even about other people has always been influenced by the use of words.
For this reason, persons working in the media or even common people are appropriately aware of the real strength of words. An entire industry is dedicated to the study and use of compelling words to effectively express a message.
But how do you use power words? Adwriters make use of power words in crafting and producing advertisements in order to grab the interest and attention of prospective buyers. Below are the most common power words that are being employed in writing advertisements and are essential to yield the desired results.
7 Power Words that Work in Advertisements
1. The word "new" in advertisements has the power to attract interest, to create curiosity among propective buyers. Consumers have the sensation that a specific product is modern, improved, absolutely diverse from the rest, and, as a result, they try to grab the first opportunity to buy it so as to have the edge before others. The power word "new" endows a particular strength to the product.
2. The words "money back guarantee" have the power to get the trust of prospective buyers. It is imperative to use these power words in whatever advertisement you are crafting, most specially at the closing line. After this phrase, all the information concerning payment and eventual reimbursement should be stated in the event the product does not meet the buyer's satisfaction.
3. The words "insider says" have the power to attract curiosity. It's just like revealing an exclusive secret to someone else. Common people, including prospective buyers, crave for whatever type of information or knowledge that others may know but they don't. To include these power words in your advertisements may motivate your buyers to take action just to get something in exchange.
4. The word "free" on top of your ad message has the power to grab the interest of your reader, who easily gets excited to receive something for free. This power word can really achieve miracles in advertising.
5. The word "you" has the power to persuade your prospective buyer to read your ad. It is a very special word employed to establish contact with your target buyer. The ad is directly talking and pointing out the advantages of a given product to the customer, if he buys it. The customer has the impression that there's someone familiar talking to him.
6. The word ‘immediately’ has the power to create a sort of urgency. It's just like saying, "hurry and grab it now, before it's too late!". This urges prospective buyers to take some immediate and necessary action.
7. The word 'power' is likewise an influential and potent word. You'll see its magic effect to target buyers as you give that power to them. This power word creates a sensation that they can obtain certain goals or can realize their dreams if they buy that specific product.
Finally, the key to the creation of a successful advertisement is to find out the real exigencies of consumers and to prepare and delineate the ad to meet such exigencies. Words and phrases should be written to highlight the advantages of the product to consumers. The product should represent the only solution to the problem, and in this important phase, power words are necessary to spice up the advertisement.
. Available Low Cost Advertising Options
. Advertising: How to Promote a Product
. Make Use of Advertising to Earn a Revenue Online
. Effective SEO Copywriting Guidelines
. Advantages of Advertising on Internet
. How to Write an Effective Headline for Advertisements